Editing with Claire Bradshaw
Two part workshop
Part 1: a video is sent to you Thursday 14th May in the afternoon
Part 2: Participate in an Interactive Session – 10.30-12, Saturday, 16th May
As a passionate editor and proofreader with a super-keen eye for detail, Claire Bradshaw can teach you how to refine pieces of writing until they’re picture-perfect and ready for publication. Come along with your near-complete manuscript and let Claire help you begin the editing stage. The course will follow a dual approach, separated into two parts:
Part 1 – Self-editing
- Why it’s important to know how to edit your own work
- How to take a structured approach to editing a manuscript draft
- Working with beta readers/critique partners as part of the self-edit process
- Top tips for self-editing
Part 2 – Professional editing
- When do you need a professional editor?
- The types of editorial services out there (manuscript assessments, structural editing, copyediting, proofreading) and deciding which one you need
- The process of finding and working with an editor – what to expect and tips
Email HWC no more than 2 pages of your work so we can forward them to Claire Bradshaw. Wait to receive your pre-recorded video from Claire on Thursday 14th May. This will include instructions about the online meet up on Saturday 16th May.
Select your payment (right)