There are many ways you can honour a loved one: you may choose to sponsor a zoo baby animal or install a plaque on a favourite garden seat.
At Hunter Writers Centre, we would like to give you the opportunity to provide an In Memoriam prize in the Grieve anthology. This prize will be awarded to a poem or story of your choice and will stand as a memorial to your loved one or colleague. Prizes can start from $100 up to $500 or more.
If your family member or colleague loved writing, reading, worked in the arts or health, this can be the perfect way to honour them. If you are interested, complete the form below or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Here’s how it works: You can select a poem or story to be awarded your prize which is then published in honour of your loved one or colleague. Here is a fictitious example showing the way we can publish your In Memoriam:
by Jo Smith
Winner of the Emily Bronte Award. Emily Bronte loved poetry, was an avid reader and a lover of nature.
Donated by her sister Charlotte
In this way you are remembering someone important to you and supporting Australian literature. You can learn more about the Grieve Project here
Each year we are thrilled to see new and emerging writers published in the anthology alongside published, established names such as Anthony Lawrence, Julie Watts, Mark Tredinnick, Nikki McWatters and Brett Dionysius. Read a variety of past works.
Consider a beautiful life through the Grieve project and awarding quality literature in their name.
- The judging team can allocate your award or you can select your favourite piece.
- You may choose to award a piece about a specific topic, for example, one that relates to dementia or suicide awareness or the death of a child.
- You can choose to donate a prize for one year or for a few years.
- You can donate a $100, $200 or $500 prize or more.
- You will receive 2 copies of the anthology featuring your selected work.
- If agreed by both parties, we can connect both prize winning author and donor.
Wish to have a conversation with someone to learn more about this initiative? email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below:
Thank you for your generosity. There are several options available for you to add a memorable prize to the Grieve In Memoriam prizes. The options are shown below: