Become a Member
Annual fee $49.50 (inc. GST) – concession also available
- Free monthly writing groups: poetry, children’s literature, speculative fiction, general creative writing – see schedule below.
- Writing contests throughout the year awarding cash prizes – see our ‘Writing News’ page for the latest round.
- Discounts on our courses
- Monthly Literary News delivered to your inbox
- Literary articles from staff and other members
- Members’ only webpage with information about professional development, lit services and resources.
- Mentorship program – advice on content, voice, structure
- Social events – meet other writers and share experiences
- Literary resources sourced and recommended by HWC
- Links to literary services: editors, assessors, mentors
- Social Media groups to keep you connected
Scroll down to complete the Membership Form
Writing Groups for members:
2nd week each month:
Poetry group – Saturday, East Maitland
Creative Writing – Saturday, Wickham
Creative Writing – Saturday, Kilaben Bay
Memoir group – Thursday, East Maitland
3rd week each month:
Creative Writing – Wednesday (Online)
Writing for Children – currently full
4th week each month:
Speculative Fiction Writers (sci-fi, horror, dystopia etc)
Saturday, East Maitland
Want to Join?
Complete the form below
How it works:
- When your payment is confirmed you will receive an email to asking you to ‘activate’ your membership.
- You will then receive a second email from ‘WordPress’ containing your username and password for login.
- Not received? check your junk mail folder/contact us.
- Requested to pay by invoice? allow 5 business days to receive your invoice.
- Membership subscription is for 12 months. You will receive notification of renewal approx. 14 days prior to your anniversary date. You will be sent an email ahead of your renewal enabling you to opt out of renewal.