Become a Member
Annual fee $49.50 (inc. GST) - concession also available
Scroll down to complete Membership form
Share your work with writers and readers in your area
Discounts on our courses
Free monthly writing groups: poetry, writing for children, speculative fiction, memoir and more
Publishing opportunities throughout the year.
Members’ only webpage with information about competitions, professional development, lit services and resources.
Mentorship program – advice on content, voice, structure of your work.
Regular live readings – come along and share your work
Social events for you to meet other writers and share experiences
Literary Resources sourced and recommended by HWC
Social Media groups to keep you connected
1st week each month:
Complete the form below to become a member.
How it works:
- As soon as your payment is confirmed you will receive an email to ‘activate’ your membership.
- You will then receive a second email from ‘WordPress’ containing your username and password for login.
- If you have not received these emails check your junk mail folder or contact us.
- If you opt to pay by invoice, please allow 2-3 business days to receive your invoice.
- Membership subscription is for 12 months. You will receive notification of renewal approx. 14 days prior to your anniversary date. You can opt out of renewal.
“I’ve learned a great deal from the course presenters and from listening to other members' writing.”Christopher Hardwick, Writer
“The Newcastle Poetry Prize, co-ordinated by Hunter Writers Centre, is the jewel every poet would love to claim.”Jean Kent, Poet, past Newcastle Poetry Prize judge and HWC member for 16 years
“Hunter Writers Centre has become the inspiration and anchor for all my writing ideas and projects. If you’re a writer, it’s the best $49.50 you’ll ever spend.”Holly Bruce, Short story writer, winner of the Newcastle Herald short story competition 2017 & 2018
“After forty years working in advertising, joining HWC has made me appreciate how much writing is the richest and most rewarding creative pursuit.”Graham Davidson, Writer and children's book illustrator
“Through Hunter Writers Centre I’ve met good writers and interesting people, often at the same time.”Clark Gormley, Poet and performer
“Writing is often a solitary pursuit and the Hunter Writers Centre provides contact with other writers and a diverse range of opportunities to further your writing journey.”Anthony Wood, Screen and prose writer