November Writing Contest Cash Prizes Awarded: $100, $50, $50
In response to the pictures or the written quotes below, send in your poem, story or opinion piece and we will publish your submissions.
- Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The contest is for members only. Become a member
- all entries, max 500 words (poems max 20 lines)
- Max 2 submissions
- Email subject header: November Writing Contest
- Closes 13th December. Awards announced mid December
- Read the wonderful submissions to the May, June, and September contests
You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view … Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.
― Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.
It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.
I was told love should be unconditional. That’s the rule, everyone says so. But if love has no boundaries, no limits, no conditions, why should anyone try to do the right thing ever? If I know I am loved no matter what, where is the challenge?
You only have to forgive once. To resent, you have to do it all day, every day.