As a passionate editor and proofreader with a super-keen eye for detail, Claire Bradshaw can teach you how to refine pieces of writing until they’re picture-perfect and ready for publication. Come along with your near-complete manuscript and let Claire help you begin the editing stage. The course will follow a dual approach, separated into two parts:
Part 1 – Self-editing
- Why it’s important to know how to edit your own work
- How to take a structured approach to editing a manuscript draft
- Working with beta readers/critique partners as part of the self-edit process
- Top tips for self-editing
Part 2 – Professional editing
- When do you need a professional editor?
- The types of editorial services out there (manuscript assessments, structural editing, copyediting, proofreading) and deciding which one you need
- The process of finding and working with an editor – what to expect and tips
Date: 16th May
Time: 10am – 1pm
Location: Wickham – exact address will be provided after you book
What to bring: lunch, writing material, warm clothing as the room is large (there is airconditioning).
Parking: available in the carpark on corner of Honeysuckle Dr and Hannell St
Public Transport: the venue is a 3 minute walk from Newcastle Interchange