When booking our activities, please choose carefully. Refunds on workshop/course fees are only possible 14 or more days before an event. If the Centre cancels a workshop/course you may choose to receive a credit or refund.
Advertised Dates and Times
Advertised dates and times, tutors/speakers may change or be cancelled without warning. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact you via email and telephone. We advise that you check your email inbox the day before any event.
Entry to our programs and activities
HWC reserves the right to refuse entry to our programs to anyone who is:
- violent, intoxicated, threatening, quarrelsome or disruptive
- not holding a valid entry
- carrying items which have the potential to cause injury or nuisance
- possess or appear to be affected by a prohibited drug
Code of Ethics
The HWC Board has adopted a Code of Ethics part of which includes expectations of our members.
- Shall observe the provisions of the NSW Fair Trading Model Constitution, policies, and rules of the association;
- Shall treat the other members of the organisation, and the staff of the organisation, and the office-bearers of the organisation, and the patrons of the organisation, with respect;
- Shall not so act as to bring the organisation or its mission into disrepute
- Shall obtain direct permission from an individual Member if wanting to make telephone or email contact with any Members.
Other terms and conditions:
- Your Membership is personal to you. You are responsible for ensuring that no one uses your Membership. Access to and use of the Members section of Hunter Writers Centre website is through a combination of user name and password and is reserved exclusively for Members. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password
- Your Membership fee is non refundable. However, Hunter Writers Centre may, at its sole discretion, elect to refund your Membership fee in whole or in part depending on the circumstances relating to the cancellation of any Membership.
- Membership fees are due on acceptance of your Membership application and annually thereafter (“Renewal Date”). Members can opt out at any time from renewal. Membership fees are payable annually only and renewed automatically unless the Member opts out.
Freedom of Creative Expression
HWC recognises, respects, promotes and celebrates the value of cultural diversity and will adopt and implement strategies which advance cultural diversity as a positive force in the community. The Australian Constitution does not expressly protect the freedom of expression and there are limitations that can inhibit creative freedom in some situations including defamation, anti-vilification, classification and censorship laws and the treason and urging violence offences. HWC recognises this and expects its members to be aware of and consider the limitations when opting to include or exclude certain expression in their artistic work. We take the Arts Law Centre of Australia’s Freedom of Expression Fact Sheet as our guide. Read more